PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why I suck

B Dids
06-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Just started seriously playing SNGs and I'm wondering if anybody is willig to review some tournament summaries if I email them to you?

Beavis68
06-19-2004, 12:09 AM
sure, jack.ass@att.net

HUSKER'66
06-19-2004, 03:55 AM
I'll give you my two cents as well.(that is if you want .02 /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

husker66@sbcglobal.net

Husker

Nemesis
06-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Dids it seems to me we're in about the same place in our poker careers. We started posting arround here at the same time, and have progressed from micro limits to NL SNG's... to me this (well NLHE) is why i started playing. I saw it on TV and said hey i wanna learn that... anyway. What helped me a TON was to read caffione's pot limit/no limit poker book and play CASH games. It didn't take a LOT of time, and they were the .01/.02 Blinds. I can't say specifically what i learned sitting at those tables waiting for my premium hands to come up, but i generally had 3 tables going watching them all with a general eye. When i had a good hand i played it straightforward, with an occasional check-raise. Cut WAY down on my bluffs, and just played straightforward poker. Well after a few days of NL ring games i popped back up a SNG... well it all just clicked. Something happened it all flowed, i knew when to fold (much more accurately anyway). There was a much better "feel" as brunson puts it... for the game. Also i recommend just buying in for 2 bucks as you aren't really in these things to make money just a little experience. Losing 2 bucks by calling a raise from EP with AQ or AJ a few times will teach you, or going all in with nothing to "push somebody off a pot, and getting called with the nuts" it teaches you lessons that you don't learn reading. GL dids. Over my last 30 tourneys since i did the exercise i just told you... i have a 42%ITM and a ROI of arround 20%, which is about average for a decent player i hear. 1st: 6 times 2nd: 1 time 3rd:5 times.