PDA

View Full Version : AA against a very tight player

Tosh
06-18-2004, 11:22 PM
UTG is extremely tight. I have a good sample against him and he plays less than 7% and raises only just over 1%. He 4 tables, and probably beats the game for 1BB or something moderate. He's ok but plays a weak tight game in line with his low participation.

5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls $2.50 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>.

btspider
06-19-2004, 12:13 AM
I like it. With his %'s and a PF cap, its either AA or KK. If he's got AA, then you are being freerolled so you don't want to go crazy. The river raise is good once the spade doesn't come so you can get the extra bet out of KK.

Tosh
06-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Btw - the button was a complete fish and has no real bearing on this hand.

Trix
06-19-2004, 04:26 AM
I´m check-raising the turn. I think this guy might check behind on the river with QQ.
Also, if he has a spade, then he will pay the turn, but not the river.

I like you flop bet, wonder if the loose guy was cabable of folding 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saborion
06-19-2004, 05:30 AM
Tight huh.
1 % PFR. That's like, AA, KK, MAYBE AKs?
How come no raise/check-raise anywhere in the hand? You don't think the opponent would raise the flop without the flush? Or A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif? I would've thrown in a check-raise on the turn I think, just as Trix said. On the other hand, you're less likely to be 3-bet on the river since players in general give you more credit then. So if you're confident that UTG will bet the river, then I like your line.

Tosh
06-19-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I´m check-raising the turn. I think this guy might check behind on the river with QQ.
Also, if he has a spade, then he will pay the turn, but not the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the chance he doesn't have the other AA ? I estimated it as 0 after he raised the flop.

SnakeRat
06-19-2004, 10:57 AM
1% is AA and KK if you have a big enough sample

Tosh
06-19-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1% is AA and KK if you have a big enough sample

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, AFTER he raised the flop.

Tosh
06-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Anyway, my plan was to push him off the other 2 aces with a river check raise, not get value out of kings. Though he said he considered folding, he didn't and we chopped up the pot. Guess he wasn't weak tight enough this time.

JohnShaft
06-19-2004, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, my plan was to push him off the other 2 aces with a river check raise, not get value out of kings. Though he said he considered folding, he didn't and we chopped up the pot. Guess he wasn't weak tight enough this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though you have nothing to lose if you're 99% sure he has AA I just don't think there is anything you can do in this hand to get him to fold it. Even if the board ends up reasonably scary I still think he's mostly calling for one extra bet. (As he very likely should).
As it is the board is fairly innocuous so there was really no way you were going to get him fold and win the pot. It's a valiant attempt though.

IlliniRyRy
06-19-2004, 09:43 PM
A fish that went all-in, that's a shocker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif