PDA

View Full Version : Who are the greatest limit hold em players

johnny caravan
06-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Everyone knows about the big time tournament pros out there: Hellmuth, Chan, Cloutier.

No limit hold 'em works on TV, and that's the direction that ESPN and The Travel Channel have gone.

Who are some of the great Limit Hold Em Players out there.
Guys we haven't seen on TV.

Also, which tournament players are successful ring game players as well?

TheSheath
06-18-2004, 10:24 PM
first off i believe in beginners luck. second of all hold em has a million swings in it and some more popular players are lucky enough to deal with them. i like scotty nguyen a lot party b/c i found out that i play his style a lot and joke and full around a lot but then bluff people and rub it in there face lol. 8,3 off suited lol. gotta love that.

cornell2005
06-18-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first off i believe in beginners luck. second of all hold em has a million swings in it and some more popular players are lucky enough to deal with them. i like scotty nguyen a lot party b/c i found out that i play his style a lot and joke and full around a lot but then bluff people and rub it in there face lol. 8,3 off suited lol. gotta love that.

[/ QUOTE ]

my favorite post of the month

Ponks
06-19-2004, 01:45 AM
you win

RydenStoompala
06-19-2004, 04:50 AM
Me. I'm one of the greatest limit players out there and you'll never see me on TV. I'm too ugly for TV and my professional "staring eyes" sunglasses make my image too frightening for children. Also, when I'm stuck a couple of dimes and steamin, I tend to fart a lot.

Baulucky
06-19-2004, 10:54 AM
I have NEVER lost money at low limit play money holdem. This must make me one of the best limit players of all time.

Aceshigh7
06-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Negreanu, Chan, Lederer, Reese, Baldwin, Brunson, Greenstein, Ivey, Harmon....

These are the ones playing and winning in the highest limits in Vegas and elsewhere. I'd consider them the best limit players in the world. Also since the games they play are multi-format, they aren't pigeonholed into one or two variations of poker. They play em all well.

bernie
06-19-2004, 02:37 PM
_

TheSheath
06-20-2004, 02:22 PM
[quote cornell2005][ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my favorite post of the month

[/ QUOTE ]

are u serious??? or are u making fun of my post and i just don't get it lol.

TheSheath
06-20-2004, 02:33 PM
wow i was reading your post again and my post and what i said didn't really relate too much to what u were asking lol. sorry i think i thought u were asking my new player always seem to win the big tournaments on tv. yea i don't have a clue what was wrong with me.,

HajiShirazu
06-20-2004, 07:09 PM
I heard Vehn is a limit hold 'em god so I'm going with that.

Vehn
06-20-2004, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids
06-20-2004, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my, look at the beast that I started.

Vehn
06-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I didn't like give you a hand job to make you say that ya know.

rr2000
06-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Bobcards !

deacsoft
06-21-2004, 05:26 AM
horrible