PDA

View Full Version : Where is our Hero At in this Hand?

Sarge85
06-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, between Hero and CO

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Guido
06-18-2004, 07:32 PM
It would surprise me if you didn't win this one. I would rather check-call the river. He might bluff bet his draw or pair and you don't want to face a raise.

Guido

sthief09
06-18-2004, 08:58 PM
with a CO open-limper and a SB that completed, I think you have an easy PF raise. you're going to be miles ahead usually. post-flop is standard, and I'm assuming you beat a worse king, like K9s.

sthief09
06-18-2004, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would surprise me if you didn't win this one. I would rather check-call the river. He might bluff bet his draw or pair and you don't want to face a raise.

Guido

[/ QUOTE ]

check-calling is way too weak here. there's only 2 aces left in the deck, and the guy has shown no aggression yet. a guy who open-limps in the cutoff and calls the flop and turn with top pair is unlikely to raise the river, even if he did just hit trips. being so passive, he'll also be unlikely to bet with anything less than trips.

Guido
06-19-2004, 03:56 AM
It has nothing to do with being weak. It has to do with getting the most out of him. When that last aces comes he might believe you have one too and fold. He might also fold his draw or even a pair. I think it's more likely that he will fold his hand when you bet than when you check and he will bet. I disagree when you say he will bet anything less than trips. He might think I missed my draw and bet out. He might think I don't have aces and try to bluff me of my hand.

Guido

Trix
06-19-2004, 04:07 AM
I play it the same and think you will be called by lots of junk on the river as he might put you on the flushdraw.

Guido
06-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Ok, I'm not going to outsmart my opponent and make an easy value bet... I guess I was wrong.

Guido