PDA

View Full Version : a very poorly played big slick

bwana devil
06-18-2004, 12:54 PM
i know i played this hand poorly. but just how bad was it? should i have bailed after the reraise on the flop? not capped preflop? help.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Button wins 9.75 BB. </font>

John Deere
06-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Not having position here is really terrible. Considering that you capped pre-flop and bet the flop, I'm thinking that the button must have something to be shooting back at you after you've shown such aggression. I'm thinking JJ+, and you're drawing to either 6, 2 or 0 outs.

lostinthought
06-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Alot of my decisions here would rest on my read of the button. I've seen people play something like AQs or AJs like the button does here.

Without a read, I lean towards betting the flop like you did and folding to the raise. Give him credit for a med - high pocket pair.

On the other hand, if I mark this guy as loose aggresive, I might even call him down unimproved..

SnakeRat
06-18-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Without a read, I lean towards betting the flop like you did and folding to the raise. Give him credit for a med - high pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a pair of QQ or worse you have odds to see the turn after he raises you, so unless you can put him on KK or AA, you should definitely be seeing the turn.

DpR
06-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Given that the button has rasied at every opportunity I dont see how you can tell the difference between JJ-AA here. Assuming you can rule out AK here, I think you have to consider it a 50% shot that you are drawing to 3 or 0 outs.