PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for my poker vacation...

cjx
06-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Alright, here’s the deal, I’ve taken two weeks vacation coming up and had intended on playing two work weeks (40'ish hours) of poker at Foxwoods. I had planned on playing 5-10 to 20-40 mixing in some tourneys and some no limit (just to break the monotony as I am much more proficient in limit ring games). But then I read the Professional’s Salary thread in the Mid and High Stakes Hold’Em forum which made me think maybe I should dedicate some time to really trying out this vaunted multi-tabling thing. I’ve been playing online typically 2-3 tables awhile fairly comfortably, but I’ve always felt like I had better results playing live. Pokertracker has a bit under 20,000 hands of my games from 3-6 down where I’m winning 1.73 BB/100 and my live play (don’t have my journal in front of me) has me at ~100 hours at ~$25/hour (this is a mix of 5-10 kill and 10-20). In the end I’d say I feel a bit more comfortable playing live, but I don’t know if I’ve ever really put myself in a position to really focus when playing online… I have a nasty habit of browsing the web and watching tv while playing.

So, I seek advice on two fronts. Should I give a legitimate effort at playing say the 3-6 game online at 4 to 8 (probably 4) tables at a time; or should I focus on my live game? Additionally would there be any interest if I made a pro poker for two weeks journal or maybe just a two week trip report? I know there are a lot of xx-$k in xx-days challenges and playing for a living stuff going on, but I always find myself reading them so maybe there is still interest for more.

Lastly, I’ll be making a trip down to the Borgata to meet up with some friends and play some cards so if anyone plans on being there July 28th let me know so I can avoid your tables heh.

Any advice, questions, tips, flaming, whatever send it my way.

Thanks,
cjx