PDA

View Full Version : the end of this forum

aaronjacobg
06-18-2004, 11:06 AM
there have been a few quotes on here saying things like "poker is boring, but i will still tune in." How can you say a thing like this and still post here?! I know that this activity entails a lot of sitting and waiting, but i don't (and i would assume most people do not) pursue activities that are dull or bore them. If this is really how you guys feel that is fine but if it is not you could refrain from these statements that bring all of us down.

SossMan
06-18-2004, 11:37 AM
You are starting to sound an awful lot like our beloved president, GWB.

Sundevils21
06-18-2004, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there have been a few quotes on here saying things like "poker is boring, but i will still tune in." How can you say a thing like this and still post here?! I know that this activity entails a lot of sitting and waiting, but i don't (and i would assume most people do not) pursue activities that are dull or bore them. If this is really how you guys feel that is fine but if it is not you could refrain from these statements that bring all of us down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have posted your rant *in* one of the aformentioned threads.

blackaces13
06-18-2004, 11:53 AM
I don't think poker on TV is boring at all. In fact I think its highly compelling and entertaining. Unfortunately, I don't have the Travel Channel which really pisses me off, so I might get the WPT season on DVD. I don't think anyone in here is truly bored watching poker. How can it be boring to watch yet not boring to read and post about for hours a day? I don't get it.

Aloysius
06-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Poker on TV is great, why would anyone who posts on a poker forum ever think it was boring? Not only is it creating a new revenue stream of fishy money, but you get to see the best players in the world operate at a card table.

I believe I read a reference to how limit is boring to watch. Well, I guess it all depends on how into poker you are, and how much you know or care about poker variants to NLHE.

The fact that ESPN is airing the final table of the triple draw lowball WSOP event has me freaking out in excitement.

tech
06-18-2004, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that ESPN is airing the final table of the triple draw lowball WSOP event has me freaking out in excitement.

[/ QUOTE ]

*yikes* /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jwvdcw
06-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Not sure if this is in reply to a post I made a few days ago about how I didn't find limit poker on tv to be that good to watch....but I totally wasn't trying to imply that I'm 'bored with poker' or anything like that.

deacsoft
06-18-2004, 01:18 PM
I think poker can be boring, but I'm not bored with poker. You see, there's a difference.

toots
06-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Poker doesn't bore people; people bore people.

deacsoft
06-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Also, a good point. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

aaronjacobg
06-18-2004, 01:48 PM
no people in other threads actually made the comment that poker is boring. this was not a response to that thread.

Jake

DougBrennan
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't know about poker, but I can tell you one thing...

This thread is about as boring as it gets. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Doug

RollaJ
06-18-2004, 02:39 PM
I dont think the poker is boring, what is though however is all the Bu11sh1t the WPT sticks inbetween hands. I watch it on TIVO now and can watch a full tourney in about 50 minutes. How annoying would it be, if at the begining of all football games they went through all the rules??? For some reason though the WPT thinks they should.

WPT sucks!!

toots
06-18-2004, 02:43 PM
And, you know, if they cut out all that froofy BS between the hands, they might have more time left in the two hours to show us more of the tournament than the all-ins and chip lead changes.

thirddan
06-18-2004, 03:08 PM
i made comments about WPT starting to bore me with the "poker" that they show during the episodes. This does not mean i think poker is boring, it only means that the part of poker the WPT focuses on (preflop All ins and coinflips) is very repetitive. That is why i stated that i found the limit tourney more entertaining because there was post flop play. Preflop is the relatively easy aspect of poker, but postflop is where the interesting decisions are really made, i think...

deacsoft
06-18-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm with you, and I agree 100%. /images/graemlins/smile.gif