PDA

View Full Version : What your bubble move here

obex
06-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Note the size of the stacks, the size of the blinds, and the fact that BB (big stack) has been using his large stack very effectively on the bubble by pushing people out of hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t680)
<font color="C00000">BB (t4930)</font>
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1900)</font>
Button (t2490)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t4930 (All-In)</font>, Hero ...

Sam T.
06-18-2004, 09:36 AM
I do like BB's raise, though.

Jason Strasser
06-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Haha, I love the BB's play. This is an example of how you make an easy hand very hard to play. Pushing TT all in PF is easy, and its correct. Making a min(????????????????) raise and then dealing with a smart move from the BB (who could have any 2 cards is tough).

You must push this preflop, or fold if you are the type to wait for the small stack to bust. I am now *open* to a fold, after some previous discussions with PM. However, I never make this fold, this is insta all in for me (did I mention I finish 4th a lot?).

If you get called by a better hand, whoopdeedoo. Chances are if you push preflop the big stack will not call. If I were the big stack, I would make this move with any 2 cards, so I guess a call isn't so bad...

obex
06-18-2004, 01:34 PM
I agree, the BB reraise here is excellent. I called. He had pocket 7's and hit a third 7 on the flop to win. I think if I had gone all-in preflop he would have called me (I certainly would if I were him), and the results would be similar.
The lesson here for me is: if your hand is such that a) you would be prefer a blind steal to a all-in showdown; and b)it is good enough to call an all-in reraise, it probably best to go all-in rather than raise 2-3x BB.
With KK or AA, maybe limp or min-raise because you're happy to have a showdown.
With A6, KJ, etc, minimum raise and if someone goes over the top you can let it go and still have chips to fight.

Jason Strasser
06-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a plan. I usually end up raising all in frequently enough where I dont mind going all in with AA or KK, because I can disguise my strength. Most opponents would look at me funny if I min raised with a hand after going all in multiple times.

Profit
06-18-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually end up raising all in frequently enough where I dont mind going all in with AA or KK, because I can disguise my strength

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this strategy when i was watching both you and frozen. Since the all-in move is made so often by you guys on the bubble, your opponents have no idea when you hold q10 or KK, and more often than not i see them calling when you guys hold the KK /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beavis68
06-18-2004, 02:37 PM
I would still push all-in with AA or KK on the bubble, I do not see any need to entice trouble.