PDA

View Full Version : Bad judgement?

AdamsPappa
06-18-2004, 06:27 AM
15-30 Texas holdem online. I´m one seat before the cut-off and raised an early limper with K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif, button cold called, early limper raised, I capped, button and early limper called. 3 player $205 pot.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Early player bets, I call even though I´m certain that I am beat. Hoping for a runner-runner club /images/graemlins/grin.gif, button call

$250 pot, Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Early player bets, the odds just arent there so I fold, button calls

$310 pot River: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Early player bets, button calls.

EP showing K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Button mucks.

I belive I lost this pot failing to raise (being the original pre-flop raiser) on the flop. With all that pre-flop action I figured that at least one Ace was between the two of them.

What do think? How would you react to this scenario?

Rgds

AdamsPappa

afish
06-18-2004, 08:28 AM
I'd raise the flop for a free card, if nothing else. You've got a gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flush draw.

I think your evaluation of the turn is incorrect. It is a close decision. The pot is giving you over 9:1. If you are behind, you could have as many as 6 outs (4 10s and 2 Ks). I know that you might end up paying off a flush or a straight (if a king calls), but I still think this is worth a call.

I will confess that I'd have seriously considered folding on the river.

AdamsPappa
06-18-2004, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the flop for a free card, if nothing else. You've got a gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flush draw.

I think your evaluation of the turn is incorrect. It is a close decision. The pot is giving you over 9:1. If you are behind, you could have as many as 6 outs (4 10s and 2 Ks). I know that you might end up paying off a flush or a straight (if a king calls), but I still think this is worth a call.

I will confess that I'd have seriously considered folding on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for elaborating, interesting indeed. But I believe the 6 outs (4 10s and 2 Ks)at best will bring a split pot and thus 4.5:1 odds. Maybee I´m just to weak a player. lol

Warik
06-18-2004, 09:53 AM
I agree with afish's assessment. I think the turn warrants a call (but the flop warranted a raise). I was in a similar situation a few days ago, only the board was 3-flushed on the turn and I had 8 more outs than you did. I raised the turn because I was getting over 10:1 on my ~2.5:1 shot and the A/images/graemlins/club.gif was out. I needed any queen, any club, or a king assuming nobody had KQ.

You, however, could use either a 10 or a king, giving you 6 outs... 3 if you don't want to include T/images/graemlins/club.gif. At 8.2:1 with just over 9 BB in the pot, I think it's a call.

AdamsPappa
06-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Looking back and re-thinking my play I belive your assement is correct. I realize that I made a terrbly weak play putting my apponents on Aces.

cheers