PDA

View Full Version : AK heads up

J6o All In
06-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Figured the pre-flop cap would make the hand easier to play. I suck heads up. Maybe I should have raised the flop?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

sthief09
06-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I'd have thrown in a raise on the flop, bet the turn, and checked the river. if he 3-bets on the flop, I think you can probably safely fold on the river after calling the turn. that would be a ballsy 3-bet from him after you capped PF. I'm putting him on QQ.

IlliniRyRy
06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
This situation seems to come up a lot in 5-10 where there is a lot of shorthanded play. In the ring games, a lot of the time you'll see folds around and then the button raises and the blind calls. A good % of the time, the blind will try to make a play by betting out, 3-betting, etc b/c he thinks the button is just stealing. Here, I think we can safely assume that the blind knows you're aren't trying to steal since you raised from early position. I might raise the flop and if he 3 bets you, call one bet but you should probably fold the turn if you don't hit.