PDA

View Full Version : T9o hand.

Trix
06-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) - SB was really bad. no read on the other one.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (22.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

sthief09
06-18-2004, 12:47 AM
that is a painful river /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I wouldn't check-raise only 3 people on the flop with the ignorant end of a straight draw, 2 diamonds, and 2 broadway cards on the board. even if you hit, you'll probably be against some pretty decent redraws.

Shalara
06-18-2004, 12:58 AM
My thoughts on this:

I would bet that flop. (Call if raised.)

I really like the check-raise. I think it's good; I'd figure my hand is the best hand right now, and I want the money in the pot. I'm also trying to figure what MP1 has. He didn't seem scared of that flop, but pretty much anything might bet there. On the turn, I'm thinking maybe AK or AA. Would a flop bet have helped to define his hand here?

River: *Unless* he raised on the flop and still capped the turn, I'm betting this river. I doubt he's betting diamonds so hard. I'm calling regardless.

Trix
06-18-2004, 01:00 AM
I check-raised 4 people and I dont think that IŽll be against AT that often here.

sthief09
06-18-2004, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check-raised 4 people and I dont think that IŽll be against AT that often here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't notice CO folded after the c/r. that makes it better. and you're right about your straight draw not being that bad since there's only one better straight. when I'm considering pumping a draw, I like to think about how many near-nut outs I have.

just to explain why I didn't like c/r'ing only 3 people... I don't count the 2 outs that put a flush on the board, since you won't get as much action from two-pair/set/top pair, and could lose to a flush. so that's 6 outs, or about 3-1. the fact that you only have 3 nut outs makes this &gt;3-1 for me here, so I'd need at least 4 people in.

Trix
06-18-2004, 02:58 PM
He had KQ.

I guess he could have AA too so this hand was probably boring.