PDA

View Full Version : Simulation question-What wins in NL?

mr_montoya
06-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Does anyone, with either software or significant experience, have a listing of what types of hands typically win in NLH. I'm new and trying to get an idea of what types of hands typically win. My guess it is dependent on a lot of things, stakes, tourney, etc. But I'd love to know the stats, or general impressions...Does a pair typically win it (what type), 2 pair, trips, flush, etc.

I apologize if this is a post for the probability section.

Thanks

Warik
06-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Royal flushes typically win. I've never seen one beaten.

snowbank
06-18-2004, 12:11 AM
One time we were playing like 5 different cards wild and my royal flush got beat by 5 Aces. It was crazy to say the least!

colgin
06-18-2004, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One time we were playing like 5 different cards wild and my royal flush got beat by 5 Aces. It was crazy to say the least!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I hate when that happens. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

obex
06-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Here's a serious answer.
You are falling into the trap of every beginner seeking "hard guidelines" when the answer in poker (and probably even more so with no-limit) is "it depends". It depends on quality of players, number of players, table limit, tournament vs. ring, blah blah blah.
The best way to get a feel is to just watch some games. There are tons of NL ring games and tournaments on line where you just sit back and watch the play. Figure out what table limit and style of game you think you want to learn and watch. Invest in a good book that suits the game you want to learn, and read the forum..