PDA

View Full Version : tough decision with qq-or is it?

Profit
06-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)

Hero (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t785)
CO (t740)
Button (t770)
SB (t785)
BB (t875)
UTG (t770)
UTG+1 (t965)
UTG+2 (t710)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, Hero raises to t150, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to t785 (All-In), CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero ?

Should this be an easy fold in the early stages of a tourney? I had no notes on this player from prior games.

patrick dicaprio
06-17-2004, 07:31 PM
i would generally fold here. the best you can do is that he has something like AT in which case you are a good favorite. so i usually dont want to risk my whole tourney that early. but i cant fault anyone for calling because there is always another one right around the corner.

Pat

Pat

Profit
06-17-2004, 07:35 PM
1010 or jj really wouldnt surprise me either in a 10+1

gergery
06-17-2004, 07:47 PM
I call almost all the time in a low-level SNG

I’ve found that people do that big overbet with one of 3 hands:
1) AK. This is if they are reasonable good. At maybe $50 or up i'll give him credit for that.
2) Mid-small pairs( JJ if somewhat better players-22 if terrible). You are big favorite.
3) Medium aces. You are big favorite.

I think AA or KK makes a smaller bet to try to suck you in further. At the WSOP, ok, you can fold this. But since you are EV positive for all scenarios but AA,KK then this should be an easy call in an SNG where you lose you just start another one. Even if he showed you AK, you’d still be correct to call unless you thought you were at least ~15% better than your competition.

I play at $20-30 sngs and see people doing this with with all of the above hands.

And if you were going to fold to someone coming over the top, then you should have bet a smaller amount to start with ~3xbb

--Greg

Profit
06-17-2004, 07:59 PM
thats how i saw it as well. i called and he had KK, then hit a king on the flop to rub it in.

With three limpers in front of me, i didnt want to give them a cheap peak for only another 30 chips, thats y i made it 150 and could fold if an ace hits.

I needed a few more 10th place finishes anyways

gergery
06-18-2004, 12:16 PM
It builds character, lol.

durron597
06-18-2004, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With three limpers in front of me, i didnt want to give them a cheap peak for only another 30 chips, thats y i made it 150 and could fold if an ace hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have raised to about T90 here. The push is not a huge overbet to KK; while you aren't totally pot committed, you are mostly so (You've put nearly 20% of your stack in already). T90 is sizeable enough that you can still fold to a large reraise. Though I would probably still call the allin here, for the reasons of the posters above - but with the small preflop raise KK probably doesn't expect his allin to be an autocall, and thus might raise less.