PDA

View Full Version : probably a newbie ? here... raised on first hand occurances?

seven2off
06-17-2004, 06:31 PM
as I've said before, I started playing shorthanded games about a month ago. I can't tell if this happens regularly or not.

It seems that every first hand I play at a new table(I rarely start a hand without being BB first) the SB always raises. Is that something most people do when a new player sits at the table to test him out? I may be over analyzing this but it seems to happen too frequently to not acknowledge.

samdash
06-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Some people will raise every time in this situation.

stripsqueez
06-17-2004, 10:41 PM
i notice that a bit too - i resolved after something nate said to me a while ago not to fold the BB heads up with the SB unless i didnt fear repeated stealing (which implies some respect for the raise) and had absolute crap - in other words i am never folding to the pre-flop raise when its my first hand

you might think that you chose a good seat

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

seven2off
06-18-2004, 02:00 PM
yea... it depends on who the player is. Last night this guy who does it all the time (15/30 Party poker) did it again. Unfortunatly for him i had aces so i reraised. we capped. flop was all rags. capped again. 4th rag. capped again. then 3 paired the board. this guy had 35off and tripped up on his 3. I was unhappy.