PDA

View Full Version : The Fast Approach to SNGs

Frogger
06-17-2004, 05:52 PM
The Fast Approach

SNGs on Party Poker start at really low blinds... 10/15 is amazingly low. What I was wondering was to use a fast approach in beating the SNGs at an early level to gain an early chip lead. If it doesn't work, the only thing that happens is you lose a few 100 chips. This strategy only applies to the first level of SNGs at looser levels like to 10+1 buy in. Any comments would be helpful.

At lower levels, I've been experimenting with calling EVERY hand at Level 1 unless it absolutely abysmal. This will give you a loose image for the later levels wheere the blinds become significant. The best part is that if you catch with shitty cards, it'll be like a blindside slap in their faces. Unless the flop SLAPS you like a newborn baby with bad cards, you get out. Using this fast approach will:

A) Establish the loose-wild image which will be profitably when you shift gears to tight aggressive.

B) Potentially double or triple you up if you catch a miracle flop.

Let me know what you think!

UCF THAYER
06-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Why would you want to establish a loose image? I think it would be best to establish a tight image, and use that to your advantage somewhat, so you can steal the blinds when the levels get higher and the blinds are worth it.

Jason Strasser
06-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a fairly awful idea. Most of the time you will end up bleeding away chips. Some of the time you will hit bottom two and get outdrawn, or get some crazy wheel draw with your 23s and end up making some crazy moves.

If your goal is to play good poker, its so easy in the early rounds. Fold fold fold fold fold fold fold.

I dont think a player can play this wild in the beginning and show that it helped long term results.

You can loosen up a bit, but not to this extent. In terms of your image argument, it is valid. However be aware that many people at the lower levels don't pay attention enough to notice image, so you wont gain anything from it. (also some people multitable and don't really pay attention as much as they could)

durron597
06-17-2004, 06:10 PM
So say you have K7o and limp from the CO with a bunch of limpers. Button limps too. Flop comes K92rb. Checked to you. Now what? Bet? Dont go broke in an unraised pot... I don't think this is worth it. Limp with low suited connectors/near connectors, Axs, but thats basically it. Maybe unsuited connectors in position at most.