PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions From Last Night's Show

La Brujita
06-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Several actually, feel free to answer all or any.

1. When E-Dog had the Jc 6c he semibluffed and Sexton said this was the second time he successfully semibluffed in a million chip pot heads up. What was the first? What did you all think of the laydown by Daniel? I never would lay that down with backdoor flush draw given the pot odds.

2. One of the Pros check called the whole way against the construction worker after flopping top pair with AQ with the flop four bet preflop. What did you all think of that play? He was obviously scared of KK I believe.

3. What did you all think of E-Dog's river check heads up with J-T two pair?

Best regards

La Brujita
06-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Well this thread sparked vigorous debate /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1. I didn't like the laydown

2. Given how loose the amateur was and how many drawing hands were out there I would have raised the flop and then check called the rest of the way.

3. This seems like a case of being raised only if you are beat. That being said you can value bet if you will be called by a worse hand with enough frequency. I think it was a close decision and probably the familarity he had with his opponent played into the river check.

Regards

chim17
06-19-2004, 01:57 PM
If I remember 2 correctly..

The construction worker was the guy who was big stack starting the night right? If so, he had a tendency (it seemed) to continue to take shots at pots and tried to bully people around. Check/Calling flop and turn could possibly get more out of him if he had absolutely nothing. Not sure how often he'd call with nothing, but he loved to bet with nothing. However, if he checked the river you may be right on the KK fear.