PDA

View Full Version : For Mason

11-16-2001, 11:03 AM
Mason

In response to a question by Jim Brier dated 5/20/2001 you said the following; I am always looking to maximize my expectation. That's why i usually call out of the blinds with a hand like QQ when there are several limpers,check good but not great hands on the flop,frequently raise with hands that can easily be second best(usually on the turn) in an effort to knock other players out in case they are good,and fairly often check top pair twice not wanting to raise on the flop but wanting to raise on the turn.

Could you give some examples of hands where you check a good hand on the flop,raise with with hands that can be second best on the turn to knock players out and check top pair waiting to raise on the turn. I am trying to understand the principles and one example of each would be very helpful. As far as i can tell you were stressing these plays in big pots. In small pots what do you do? I realize no answer is set in stone as every situation is different, but i'm trying to understand the principles because once i have those down and can apply them to to the different situations that come up my game will improve.Thank you. Lar

11-16-2001, 07:59 PM
You might raise with a flush draw that contains an over card on the turn in a big pot to assure that you have three more outs.