PDA

View Full Version : KK, A on flop, opp. on tilt

11-15-2001, 05:25 PM
That's essentially the situation. ACtually, the opponent always plays pretty wildly, so I guess he's technically not on tilt.

I raised in early, Opponnent three bet it in mid late position (or late mid), and it was heads up.

previously, opp. raised or re-raised with 96s, 78s, and small pocket pairs. I've also seen him limp and flat call with big hands.

he plays well when he flops something, but he plays push, push, push with either a big hand or a complete miss. with the miss he'll drop on later streets if he faces any resistance.

also, flopping and underpair is a miss for him. (and this guy is a self-purported "pro")

flop comes ace high. I bet he raises.

turn and river are blanks. I check call

comments? results, as usual, come later

11-15-2001, 05:25 PM
he had slick and took it down. sun's gotta shine on a dog's @$$ sometimes, i guess.

11-15-2001, 05:52 PM
Win or lose, I think you have to play this type of player cautiously, calling him down. You will make a lot of money calling his bluffs, and raising when you know you have him beat at the end. Just by entering pots with superior starting cards you should make a killing without much effort.

11-15-2001, 06:27 PM
With this type of opponent, KK, and an Ace on the flop, I might just check call on the flop in addition to the turn and river. He sounds like the type to auto-bet the flop regardless of what he has. Overall you played it fine I think.

11-16-2001, 04:52 AM
I'm with Caddy. Out of position against guys like that who are going to give some extra action, my trigger gets stuck without the goods. I'd check-call the flop and make sure to check-call the turn real fast like I was planning to call the river no matter what. If that felt convincing, there's a chance to fold on the river, but not much.

Tommy

11-18-2001, 10:37 PM
well if you've actually seen him 3-bet with 96s, 78s, and small pocket pairs i would say you have to call preflop, you might even consider capping it to stick it to him and make him the one with less information.

on the flop you might consider check-raising, if he checks also that's a pretty good sign he doesn't have an ace, if he bets you have control of what you do. if you decide to check raise the flop you can keep trying to scare him on the turn and river. my guess is that he has at least one ace this time though, so you are probably hoping for another K (long-shot.)

i would check on the flop definitely (esp. if i 4 bet preflop) you could make this guy really nervous.

as it was, him raising you on the flop is a good indication of Aces i think maybe you should've folded right there (but that's out b/c he is so wild.) so who knows maybe you did play it right. i just essentially told you nothing but oh well.