PDA

View Full Version : Stepford Wives Review

andyfox
06-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Save your money. You'll be seeing it on an airplane soon.

The L.A. Times review actually said it was no good because it had plot holes. Plot holes? There is no plot. They're not exactly trying to market it as Citizen Kane anyway.

Glenn Close is very funny, Bette Middler somewhat funny, and the rest are embarrassing.

POS.

Boris
06-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Andy I know you like to come across as the Sensitive Male type, but for your sake please don't admit to seeing any movies starring Bette Midler in the male dominated poker world. I hate to see people laughing at you behind your back.

andyfox
06-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Good thing I didn't mention Matthew Broderick was in it . . .

elwoodblues
06-17-2004, 03:49 PM
you could have redeemed yourself if only you said something about Nicole Kidman looking great

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-17-2004, 04:03 PM
please don't admit to seeing any movies starring Bette Midler in the male dominated poker world

Why? I thought "Ruthless People" was hilarious.

In the same vein, I was having lunch with a friend of mine a while back and I ordered Quiche. He looks at me and says "huh huh, real men don't eat quiche."

I leaned over real close and said "REAL men eat whatever the f*ck they want."

Same thing goes for movies. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

andyfox
06-17-2004, 10:07 PM
She looked horrible in the movie. She is supposed to be this up-tight, repressed, big-city professional who hasn't had sex with her husband in a year.

andyfox
06-17-2004, 10:12 PM
When the book was on the best-seller list, I went into a restaurant with a client and we were told the special was (and I'm not making this up) pastrami quiche. I said, "Real men don't eat pastrami."

I thought it was a good line, but I was the only one.

You're right, Ruthless People was great. My favorite line was when Danny DeVito answers the phone and it's a wrong number asking for Delores (or some woman). He says, "Sorry, she can't talk right now, my dick's in her mouth. But call back in two minutes, I'm almost finished."

Bette was also good in a small role in Get Shorty. And her first movie, can't remember the name now (The Rose?). I think she may have been Oscar-nominated for that one. She's a very funny person.