PDA

View Full Version : Firin' Out On The Flop w/a Gutshot & R-R Flsh Drw

11-15-2001, 04:58 PM
Same $30-60 game as below. 3 callers to rookie who raises, cold-caller, SB calls, I call in BB w/Jh6h. Everyone fairly loose-passive ABC, 'cept for Super Rock one ahead of Rook.

Flop 8h7s4c(Aside: Whassup w/all the 8&9-high flops here lately? /images/smile.gif ). Chk, I bet("Lessee what they got!"), fold, fold, call(SR), call(R), call(CC), fold.

("I'm dreaming about one particular card..") Turn Kh. ("Close enough.") Bet, call, raise, call, call, call.

River 7h. Chk, chk, bet, call, call, fold. R AsKc, CC Ah2h("Ni Han, Ma'am!" "Hey, Rook! Ya gotta learn to raise w/Slick when ya don't flop nuthin'.." /images/smile.gif ). Surprise er, prize, if you can figure out SR's hand...

Is anyone reminded of a passage in S/S viz. my overcall of CC on the river? And yes, my coffeehousing has gotten outa hand(sorry!) lately, although it worked magnificently the prior two weeks. Current fave: "Show the bluff, it's good for the game", when someone gets no callers on the river[thnxs to ScottyN for this one].

11-16-2001, 02:11 AM
Jh6h? Granted, you're in the blind and only have to call one bet and can expect to see the flop 7-handed, but J6s still smells like limburger to me. I'd fold pre-flop. I'll explain why later in the post.

The flop is: 8h,7s,4c

Betting the flop is aggressive since it should have missed just about everyone. Maybe you can get some overcards to fold so that if you just spike a Jack, you can win with one pair despite your pathetic kicker.

The turn is: 8h,7s,4c,Kh

Fire away! Maybe you can take the pot with the King scare card. Calling the raise is mandatory.

The river is: 8h,7s,4c,Kh,7h

You checked? You CHECKED? YOU CHECKED? What the hell are you playing J6s for if you won't value bet when you make your hand? The only reason to play J6s is to make a flush. I assume you checked for the same reason that I wouldn't even call with it pre-flop: You've actually made your hand and now fear it isn't any good. That's why J6s is an automatic fold pre-flop.

The Ace-high flush bets and you pay him off. That's a fitting end to any hand where somebody plays J6s.

11-16-2001, 10:29 PM
Maybe I am an old guy, but I can't understand what the hell you

are writing about!

Bruce

P.S. I am not even 40 yet!

11-19-2001, 02:25 AM
what are you doing? calling a raise with J6s out of position? on the flop you've got a gutshot and 3 to a flush i guess i can see betting it just because the board has probably missed most people, but you still don't have much to go on....

then you bet the turn because you have 4 to a flush....and miraculously you make it on the river. none of your play really seems logical at all, does anybody else see something?