PDA

View Full Version : Live 10-20 River Bet?

RoodyPooh
06-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Live 10-20 HE... haven't been there long, no real reads... table is playing pretty loose aggressive. All pots are big, with alot of raising PF.

UTG raises, UTG + 1 calls, I 3-bet with A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, CO and button both call 3 cold, both blinds call, as do UTG and UTG + 1

7 to the flop
Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to UTG + 1 who bets... Now I play with UTG + 1 on a regular basis. He plays way too loose PF and not a total idiot post flop. He gives me alot of respect though and when he bets into me after I 3-bet PF, he has a strong hand. Most likely either two pair or a strong draw. The board is pretty scary with alot of draws capable and I know nobody is going to fold for two small bets. I just call, planning on raising the turn if a non scare card comes off. Everyone calls.

7 to the turn
Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB now leads out and bets, BB UTG and UTG + 1 call, I call CO and button fold... I didn't really have a read on SB and with him betting into 6 other players given the previous action and on that board I thought a call was clearly the best play. I know there's a good chance I'm behind and if I'm ahead there's alot of cards to dodge. I'm praying for a King although a 5 wouldn't be too bad either.

5 to the river
River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I shrug expecting someone to bet(FWIW I planned on calling one bet), then something odd happened, it gets checked around to me... your action? check or bet?

badinfluence
06-17-2004, 01:33 PM
It's been a while since I posted, but I think the easy answer is to bet here. There are too many missed draws to allow a bet to go by.

Zele
06-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Bet, and fold if you get raised and more than just you and the raiser are going to see the showdown.

nopepper
06-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Bet only if you are prepared to call a raise (which in your stop I would not) Someone is sitting out there with j10

Nightwish
06-17-2004, 02:15 PM
I think you played it rather timidly. I would raise the flop, there are way too many draws out there. Yeah, you may not be able to get people to fold, but you'll be able to charge them double if they choose to stay. The problem with waiting till the turn is that there are just way too many scare cards.

Given that you didn't raise the flop, it's now much harder for you to raise the turn, but it's still something you should consider.

When it's checked to you on the river, you have a clear value bet. That card didn't help anyone, and 2 pair or better would have bet the river.

Nightwish
06-17-2004, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet only if you are prepared to call a raise (which in your stop I would not) Someone is sitting out there with j10

[/ QUOTE ]
Who? SB? Then why didn't he bet the river? UTG or UTG+1? Then why didn't he raise the turn or bet the river? JT makes no sense given this action.