PDA

View Full Version : Oddball SNG on stars

Gamblor
06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Weird one here.

Turbo $55 SNG on stars last night.

Blinds are 25/50, I have lost a couple rounds of blinds and haven't played a hand yet. Table is very aggressive, lots of big preflop raises.

8 left, I have T1400 and K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB, CO (has T1100) raises T500, button moves all in for T1270, I call, CO calls.

CO: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
button: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Me: K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Board comes: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and CO takes it down.

I have T 120 left, and I fold an orbit, not seeing any face cards. Then, in the BB with T70 after posting, I have 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. EP minraises, and I reraise T20 more all in.

EP flips: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I have: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Board comes: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Next hand I have Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB. Folded to me, I raise all in for about T240. BB calls

BB has: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I have: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

A Q on the river and I double up again.

I get AA later and triple up. I resteal with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif by moving in on a button raise (same guy who had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and suddenly I'm chip leader.

A few rounds of blinds go by, and I'm at about T2500 with T150/T300 blinds, with 5 remaining:

I have T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB, with T2350 after posting.

Button limps first in. I complete, BB checks.

3 to the flop (T900): T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Gin!

BB checks, button (who has me covered) bets all in.

I call, button flips T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I groan, but I can still salvage a split.

Unfortunately, the 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn seals my fate.

Anyone fold this on the flop? Now, button had been very loose and aggressive all game (but this is a turbo SNG so LAG play is mandatory, IMO), so there's no reason he wouldn't try to trap with a big pair on the button.

QTs, JTs or T9s ran through my head as I prepared to call, but I didn't think I'd see a better spot to get my chips in after the comeback of comebacks (in terms of cumulative suckouts I made).

BradleyT
06-17-2004, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB, with T2350 after posting.
Button limps first in. I complete, BB checks.
3 to the flop (T900): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, button (who has me covered) bets all in.

Anyone fold this on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have SMS.

k000k
06-17-2004, 01:10 PM
What is SMS?

Galaxy 500
06-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Good lord what the hell was the CO doing in hand 1? I thought that crap only went on down at the $15+1 turbo level where I play. Is this type of play common at $55? Am I missing something?

TL Price
06-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Probably a close call for me. But I think that I would fold it. For the button to make that kind of raise, you have to put him on an overpair or holding a 10. Maybe you have him pegged as a wild one, but with such a low kicker, I think I would be too afraid to call, especially in an unraised pot. Too many ways to lose.

If you would have told me that instead of limping he had put in a bet, then I would definitely have called.

BradleyT
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Scary Monster Syndrome.

When you're always afraid everyone has the nuts against you.

Gamblor
06-18-2004, 03:40 PM
You have SMS.

The pot is T900, I have T2350 left.

Button (same guy from the first A4s hand), bets out T3000 all in.

I have no kicker, and he massively overbet the pot.

No reason to suspect a bigger T here? You don't even consider it? I called anyway as I didn't think I'd see a better chance - I had 7 BB left and 5 players. My read was right and I fought my SMS making that call.

Are you saying that in this spot you're automatically calling a 3x pot overbet?