PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 tunica hand..

11-15-2001, 08:33 AM
i guess i was playing tite..

i am in one seat left of utg...utg raises..i see AA reraise...fold back to utg raiser who calls...flop comes A,,rag, rag ...utg checks, i bet..utg shows JJ and folds...later asks me if i had TT and bluffed him out..i had not been commenting on hands or mentioning books etc...gl.???

11-15-2001, 11:21 AM
He is a smart player. What hand would you three-bet in that position? AK,AQ,KK,QQ,maybe TT like he asked. If an ace hits the flop he is gone. His only hope was that you have AK and AQ and nothing threatening will hit the board.

11-15-2001, 05:16 PM
If the flop was rainbow (and prob. even if it wasn't), I would have checked the flop to induce action on the turn. AK may have been going for the CR and you could get three bets (or at least two on the turn). OTOH, if he has nothing with that flop, you might at least induce a bluff and get a bet out of him that you wouldn't betting the flop.

Jeff

11-15-2001, 07:06 PM
i guess this is the question...if the guy is good enuf to muck jj, after correctly deducing that my play strongly indicated a hand that must beat his, would he fall for a check on the flop...or perhaps he could catch a two outer (one of two remaining jacks), and then it's tuffer for him to get away from his hand...i felt it would be more natural to bet, in this game, but certainly see the benefits of checking...thanks for comments gl

11-15-2001, 07:17 PM
I never said there was something wrong with betting the flop. I think a lot of players call all the way with a pocket pair. This one just happened to be able to put you on a hand better than his and not convince himself that he had a chance. Unfortunately, you were not going to make another dime on this hand unless he hit his two outer. That's just the way it goes.

11-16-2001, 01:17 AM
A side note to the hand is that you now know he is capable of laying down a pretty good hand after you played aggressively.

You have position on him the rest of the night and should be able to take advantage of HIS tightness.

11-16-2001, 07:59 PM
I might've checked it right back to him on the flop.