PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive in the SB with K8o

ResidentParanoid
06-17-2004, 09:36 AM
MP player is in every hand. I try to get heads up with him with any playable hand. What do you think?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP raises, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP shows Tc 6d (two pair, tens and sixes).
Hero shows 8c Kh (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>

lil'
06-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Can you count on the BB folding to a pre-flop raise? I dunno...hate to have K-8o out of position against 2 players.

On the turn, the raise has to make you uncomfortable. We know he is loose, is he aggressive and loose post flop as well?

On the river, I think you just sucked out and should check-raise.

tripdad
06-17-2004, 11:36 AM
preflop and out of position, K8 offsuit is closer to fold than raise. even if your opponent is a bad player.

cheers!

ResidentParanoid
06-17-2004, 12:59 PM
unfortunately, he's fairly passive post-flop. I went into check-call mode on the turn raise, since I hate to give up heads up. But that may have been the best move here.