PDA

View Full Version : should i have laid this down?

sxz18
06-17-2004, 04:19 AM
$30 PartyPoker 3-table Sit & Go

Hero is in BB with 760 chips and holds K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Blinds are 10/20

Preflop: UTG limps, MP limps, Button limps, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero bets minimum bet (20), UTG folds, MP raises to 80, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn : 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, MP pushes, Hero goes all-in.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Results:
Hero shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, two pair kings and nines.
MP shows 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, king high flush.

I always played with the thought that when large stacks push, they usually don't have a solid hand, mostly mediocre (top pair with crappy kicker or even mid pair sometimes). However, when they push only a portion of their stack, and it doesn't put you all in, but it puts a good portion of you in, they tend to usually have a strong hand and they're trying to chop you. When MP pushed all in on the turn, I put him on K10 at most because he didn't raise preflop. I also put him on QJ or Q10 as possibilities. Unfortunately, he had a flush. Should I have laid this down on the flop or turn?

Smasharoo
06-17-2004, 07:49 AM
I check/fold this on the flop. I definately fold it after the flop raise. I break my mouse folding it when he pushes all in on the turn.

Why would you call the raise with top pair/weak kicker with a flush flop?

johnny caravan
06-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I would also fold after the raise on the flop.
K9 is nothing to break your bank on.

Also, you had a lot of players in that hand pre-flop.
I might be worried about being outkicked by another king, if not already beaten by the flush.