PDA

View Full Version : Playng shorthanded against really weak players

blackaces13
06-17-2004, 01:16 AM
I'm posting this here because I don't want to bore the shorthanded forum people. I play some short .5/1 tables when they break up and I'm wondering about the SB.

I had a hand where there were 4 players and I was the SB. CO folded, button called and I had 72s in the SB. What I'm wondering is is it worth calling pretty much ANY 2 cards here getting 5:1 with no raise?

There are very few hands where I'm more than a 5:1 underdog and even fewer that wouldn't raise (the chances of the BB raising are slim being that these are just regular .5/1 players who happen to be still sitting after the game broke up).

So is it worth looking at a flop almost all the time in a situation like this?

I also ask because I folded and the flop was K-7-2. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SossMan
06-17-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are very few hands where I'm more than a 5:1 underdog and even fewer that wouldn't raise (the chances of the BB raising are slim being that these are just regular .5/1 players who happen to be still sitting after the game broke up).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are thinking about it the wrong way. Just because 72o isn't more than a 5:1 dog to any two cards (except maybe 77), doesn't mean that it's playable. The 5:1 that you speak of is hot and cold odds (no more betting). It doesn't mean that you are less than 5:1 to get a flop that puts you in a +ev position. I believe that's how you should be looking at it.
Will I be in a +ev position 1/6th of the time on the flop?

Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I would probably complete if I was fairly certain the BB wouldnt get out of line. If the BB raises, I muck on the 2nd go around.

RED_RAIN
06-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Correction. You say 72o and the poster says 72s. Big difference to me. I'd call with the 72s if I was 80% the BB wouldn't raise. 72o I'd not call even if all of them limped to me short handed.