PDA

View Full Version : Set over Set over Set

Huskiez
06-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Discussion of set over set and likelihood of that with a friend got me to wondering about set over set over set, something I've never seen. Had some questions regarding it. All of them assume a 10 handed game, and that everyone stays in.

First, what is the probability of 3 or more people in a 10 handed game being dealt a different pocket pair?

Second, what is the probability of 3 people exactly in a 10 handed game being dealt a different pocket pair?

Third, what is the probability of exactly 3 people being dealt a different pocket pair, and then all of them hitting a set on the flop?

Fourth, what is the probability, given that 3 people are dealt a different pocket pair, that all of them hit a set on the flop?

Fifth, what is the probability of exactly 3 people being dealt a different pocket pair, and then all of them hitting a set by the river?

Sixth, what is the probability, given that 3 people are dealt a different pocket pair, that all of them hit a set by the river?

And lastly (just wondering how approximately how often this happens), what is the probability of five people each having a set by the river (i.e. at least five people are dealt a different pocket pair, and then five of them hit trips)?

Hope these questions are not too hard. I think the only one that could be really hard is the last one.

If no one has time to figure these out, then the ones I am especially interested in are 1, 3, 5, and 7.

Thanks.

mosta
06-17-2004, 12:16 PM
last week on party I had TT and I was up against 77 22 and KK. flop T 7 2. turn Q. river 4. worked out well for me. funny if the turn would have been a K. hope this helps.

bdk3clash
06-17-2004, 01:09 PM
In my home game about 2 years ago, four players saw the flop, which went set over set over set. The turn brought an overcard, which gave the 4th player his set.

I was dealing, and if I didn't know any better, I would have thought the game was rigged. (I can barely shuffle, much less rig a deck so accurately.)

k000k
06-17-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
last week on party I had TT and I was up against 77 22 and KK. flop T 7 2. turn Q. river 4. worked out well for me. funny if the turn would have been a K. hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hell ya that worked for you! You musta made at least 20 BB's on that, and that's if the opp's are all morons.. I'd be willing to bet, more like 30+.. You DID raise (postflop) every chance u got right? There shoulda been plenty of chances!