PDA

View Full Version : 2nd place finish in Super Monday! Thanks 2+2!!!!

WinBig
06-16-2004, 05:08 PM
After reading this forum for the last few months and improving my game tremendously it all came together for me on Monday night in the $150 buy-in on Party Poker. After winning an entry in a $20+2 single-table qualifier I made it all the way to the final table where I started play in 8th place. I was able to double up once with AT suited when an A came on the turn to beat the chip leader's pocket 8's. I then watched the chip leader hit huge hand after huge hand and take out player after player until it was head's up. He had me outchipped about 12-1 but I managed to make it a little interesting before going all-in for my last T90K with K7 suited to his Q4 offsuit. He took me out with a Q on the turn. A very nice payday to say the least!

I can't thank the 2+2 posters enough for all of the valuable information and hand analysis here in the forum. I've learned a lot more than I ever thought I would when I started reading posts on this forum in March. I will post a tourney report tonight with the interesting hands.

Once again thank you fellow 2+2'ers for all of the help!

Paul (aka teslafan11 on Party Poker)

fnurt
06-16-2004, 05:16 PM
good work!

woodguy
06-16-2004, 05:20 PM
congrats!!
My ROI has quadrupled since finding this site.
Most astute poker thinkers around, AND they are always willing to lend a hand. Not a bad combo.
regards,
woodguy

Chief911
06-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Congrats! Nice score. Nice to get the first big win. Keep it going!

Nick

Bernas
06-16-2004, 10:12 PM
excellent! Keep it up!

jwvdcw
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Congrats. I usually play in most of them(didn't get a chance to do this one) and have never gotten to the final 2. Especially cool since you only were in it due to a qualifer. Thats awesome man!

RED_RAIN
06-16-2004, 10:17 PM
How much was the payout for ya?

WinBig
06-17-2004, 10:13 AM
2nd place was worth a very nice $17K! I'll be paying taxes so I'll lose a chunk of it but I won't have to worry about the IRS knocking on my door asking where all the cash moving into my checking account came from! Better safe than sorry although I'm not happy about it. I'll try to get the tournament summary posted tonight. I got a few good breaks and the final table was a one man show for the most part.

RED_RAIN
06-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Congrats!

Roy Hobbs
06-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Nice work. I was the moron that went out seventh with 33 vs the monster's flopped flush. That guy could not miss for a while there. Glad to here that you stuck around, because when I left it seemed like anyone's ball game for second.

RH