PDA

View Full Version : defending against a raise from a poster

11-10-2001, 10:06 AM
20-40 limit online

An aggressive opponent is posting one off the button, everyone folds to him and he raises. You aren't sure but you think he will raise in this spot with any hand.

What should your calling requirements be under this circumstance if the small blind calls? Also how does the small blinds actions effect what you should call with?

I think that if the SB folds you should call with almost every hand, and perhaps fold your worst hands, (i.e I would call with J5o). If the SB calls I think you should play a little bit tighter, although if he is a loose player your calling requirements shouldn't change much if any.

Shawn

11-11-2001, 03:24 PM
Shawn,

If the SB folds, my calling requirements would be something like the following: any two suited, any pocket pair, any ace, any king, any two cards that are both six or higher, connectors down to 43, and one gappers down to 53. Those are just off the top of my head, but I think that the general idea is in the right ballpark.

(If the SB calls, I would tighten up considerably. I would rather not give specific standards, because it just depends on too many factors.)

-Dan

(I of course assuming that the poster would truly raise with any two.)