PDA

View Full Version : 13 handed 10/20 with 2/5 blinds HELP PLEASE!

www.cardplayer.diaryx.com
06-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I'd like some advice on a 10/20 holdem game I play in. For starters the blinds are 2 and 5 instead of 5 and 10. A single raise brings it to 15. The game would probably best be described as loose aggresive. I can raise from early position with AA and usually expect to find 5 to 6 players seeing the flop as the game is played 13 handed instead of 10. I know big suited connectors are going to be at a premium and bigger pairs will go down in value unless they improve. I'm beating this game for about 33/hr. I routinely fold hands like A10o from early position as well as hands like QJo. I'm known as squeaky in this game because I do play fairly tight compared to the rest of the field. I will fold small pairs from UTG or UTG +1 because with so many people playing it seems as though they are a chip burner. I feel like I'm doing pretty well but any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

blockafor
06-16-2004, 10:44 AM
I would play all pairs in this game from any position. You have good implied odds to flop a set.

www.cardplayer.diaryx.com
06-16-2004, 10:53 AM
OK so I limp with 22 from EP and it's raised to 15 I should call that too trying to flop a set? I suppose it's easy enough to get away from if you don't hit the set but every pair from any position? Do you fold for a raise and reraise making it 25 to go? Thanks for the input.

blockafor
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
If there are 6 people or more (including yourself) seeing the flop, it doesn't matter how many bets are going in preflop, you have good odds to see the flop. If you're concerned about variance, you may want to limit your pairs to 88 or better from EP if most pots are going to be 3-bet (or more) preflop.

ProfLupin
06-16-2004, 11:27 AM
13 handed with blinds being half price:

You are force to put very little money in to play this game, so you can afford to wait for just the premium hands. You can play this game VERY tight preflop and do very well.

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-16-2004, 11:31 AM
You can afford to sit around for hours in this game. Pots have got to be huge and the blinds are super-cheap.

Fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, hit a monster and take everyone's money, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold.

Sure, some will catch on, but these guys sound unable to fold AJo to a preflop raise and re-raise.