PDA

View Full Version : Stay or Move?

11-06-2001, 05:48 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for any and all replies. I was playing 15-30, with a tight aggressive image, I think. I was up around 4-500 when I noticed the player to my left three betting my open raises frequently. I let him do it a couple times and then I check-raise bluffed several times successfully when we were heads up.

A stronger player moved into the seat to his left and then the seat two more to the left opened up.

Should I stay or should I move?

Ken

11-06-2001, 06:06 PM
The way you describe 3-Raiser, I assume he's knocking out MP's and LP's, leaving you (at least sometimes) heads-up with him? And you--tight-aggressive--will have better cards usually, right? Sounds like a fat situation to me.

Also, when Strong Player takes a seat to 3-R's left, then 3-R is knocking SP off some hands you might have gotten beaten by, doing your dirty work for you (at worst, simplifying things).

I might be missing something, but I don't see a problem.

11-06-2001, 09:24 PM
Two things I didn't state before. The 3-bettor was doing this with others to my right as well, but they weren't defending their hands enough, in my opinion.

The strong player would realize this and moved, i think in part to obtain better position on him (and on me).

So given that the 3-bettor would continue his same pattern, I thought gaining position on him would help me more. Unfortunately, they called me to the main game shortly thereafter, before I could exploit this.

11-06-2001, 10:45 PM
I would take the seat to the left of the strong player. I like the better player and the more aggressive players in front of me. In fact I would have asked for the seat the strong player took before he did. That is the best spot because the aggressive player will be firing out raises all the time and you can isolate him with your stronger hands by 3 betting him. And since you will have better hands most of the time out of the 2 of you, and you have position on him. This is a very positive situation.