PDA

View Full Version : Wierd hand

11-06-2001, 04:30 PM
This hand went down for a friend of mine and he wasn't sure if he was outplayed or not. I told him his opponents were total suckers and he was suprised at how strongly I felt. Here's the hand.

Hero open-raises on the button with QJs.

The two blinds defend. They are generally tight props who don't get too out of line very often.

The flop comes 89s with a two of Hero's suit.

Flop: Check check bet call call.

Turn is an offsuit ten.

Turn: check check bet call call.

River is a brick.

River: check check bet call call.

Small blind shows 89 for two pair. Big blind shows TT for a set. Big blind says "I KNEW that ten hit you!".

Hunh?

natedogg

11-06-2001, 04:48 PM
outplayed? in what way?

how could your friend have played this any differently?

either your friend has the nut straight and wins the pot or you misposted something or i misread something or something about this hand is way over my head-?

oh wait: is it just that the way the blinds played the hand was truly awful and unbelievably passive and made no sense? yep that's definitely true. horrible playing like this is rampant at all levels 15-30 and lower. although to see tweedledee and tweedledumb side by side like that, it would be hard to supress a chuckle.

11-06-2001, 05:37 PM
So I guess your friend thought these two blinds must have read him like a book for a big hand, to not make a play at him at some point during the hand with a set or 2 pair? If it were true they could read him so easily, they really botched the flop to not make a move with 2 pair or an overpair when your friend hadn't made anything yet. /images/wink.gif

11-06-2001, 10:02 PM
Nobody was outplayed. The button plays his hand straight forwardly against 2 opponents who play there hands meekly. He just didn't win as much as he would have had they been more aggressive players. As Coileen points out, if they knew what his hand was. Why didn't either one raise the flop? Overpair and top 2 pair. Did they know he was gonna hit a 2 outer on the turn? Why did they call the river if they knew what he had?

11-06-2001, 11:57 PM
Played by better blind players I think the TT would win 90% of the time. On the flop there would be a check, check, bet, raise, reraise, button folds. I don't think your friend was outplayed, he had the good fortune of playing in an easy game.

11-07-2001, 10:10 PM
Oh..........and 10-10 going to push Q-Js off his straight flush draw. A steamroller couldn't get him off that.