PDA

View Full Version : AA and a capped flop...here comes the turn

ProfLupin
06-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero...?

fyodor
06-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Hero bets, calls the raise and prays for another Ace or club.

Nick B.
06-15-2004, 05:46 PM
edited because I am a typical party player, not smart enough to read the board.

ProfLupin
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
would you check-raise if either opponent bets out?

Nick B.
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would you check-raise if either opponent bets out?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can ignore my post, sometimes I just assume it is heads up. sorry.

CORed
06-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I would probably just go into check call mode here. The cap likely indicates trips (then again this is Party, so it could be a flush draw or A2.) With the flush draw, you've got outs to chase the possible trip nines (or non-nut flush). I would usually call one bet on the river if I don't improve, because it's party and it could be somebody on an idiot bluff, or who thinks their 2's are good.

ProfLupin
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
I put MP on a high pocket pair and I was much more nervous about the CO calling the whole way. I checked not sure whether I was going to call or raise a bet.

Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets, Hero raises...

I wanted to win the pot immediately because it was already big. I didn't want to give MP the chance to spike a two outer on the river for just one big bet.

MP folds, CO folds /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm wondering what the CO had!

tripdad
06-20-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to win the pot immediately because it was already big. I didn't want to give MP the chance to spike a two outer on the river for just one big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would welcome any pair calling this turn bet for with a 2 outer getting 11.7:1 pot odds.

bet the turn. if you get raised, call it. if no /images/graemlins/club.gifcomes on the river, check and call.

cheers!

PassiveCaller
06-20-2004, 05:53 PM
You have to bet this turn with the Ace /images/graemlins/club.gif, There is just too strong of a chance that you are up against an overpair as opposed to trips here. If I am reraised again I just call down on the river unless another club falls.