PDA

View Full Version : Small PP Heads up against a complete maniac. What to do?

soxfan70
06-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Playing in a tourney last night, down to two left. stacks are virtually Identical. My opponent is a complete maniac, basically pushing with any 2 cards. In the BB I look down at 66. The maniac goes all-in. I always have difficulty playing short-handed, but even more so against a player like this. What is your thought process here, when there is absolutely no way to put him on a hand?

Jason Strasser
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Umm call.

He doesnt have an overpair, he may have an undercard.

Hey, he may have 2 undercards, they could be sooted.

Eder
06-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I try to concede my blinds to him....let him think he's dominating you...wait for your pp or AJ or better...limp into him and trap...these guys like to raise against that play and often are willing call if u push in here...

Better players will fold to your push...slow play your hand...if the flop is favourable trap him all in...

Patience and the trap works for me...

bombusan
06-15-2004, 04:24 PM
If he's really been a maniac all night, I'd call with my PP =)

durron597
06-15-2004, 04:41 PM
That only works if the blinds aren't too big - and then what happens if your good hand isnt cracked? I was up on a maniac 2:1 when HU began, I fold twice with 10000 vs 5000 on 200/400 blinds (I wasnt 100% sure he was maniac yet, only 2 hands), get AQo, call, he has J9 and pairs vs. me unimproved, I fold again until KTo, double through there, and finally lose with K8s vs. 95o.

Quite frankly if the blinds are big you are basically being forced to gamble - in the long run you will still win but in the short run I'm not sure if there's anything you can do.