PDA

View Full Version : From Which Players Do You Make Your Money

andyfox
06-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Thinking about David's "Not an Ethics Question" Post: do any of you internet players have a way of knowing from what positions, relative to you, you make (or lose) your money? Intuitively, one would think money flows around the table to the left, that is, the later positions make money from the earlier positions, especially the blinds. So if, as in David's problem, one makes $20/hour, is there a way of determining from what position relative to yours that $20 is made up? I'm not asking what the breakdown of the $20 is by your position, but rather by the position of your opponents, relative to yours.

Wouldn't this help to figure out if David's supposition of a +$10 value to knowing that your right-hand opponent saw his right-hand opponent's cards is accurate or not?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-15-2004, 02:28 PM
I have no idea what to say to this, except that I've noticed that in my relatively short SNG experience (32 SNGs), I've noticed that an inordinately high number of the first 1-3 people busted out each time are sitting either right after me or two places behind me. Next most likely position is directly before me.

*sniff* Do I smell (or is it my play that reeks)?