PDA

View Full Version : very frustrating playing with a maniac

Profit
06-15-2004, 01:39 PM
my first SNG today, i'm up to abut 900 chips after 5 hands. then i get AA on the button. THen this guy announces UTG that he has to leave and goes all in for 770 or so. A second guy calls all in (about 700) i call instally. THe first guy flips over j2 off, second guy a5 suited. Great i'm thinking. except the j2 guy hits his runner runner str8.
So now every1 at the table is salivating over what they saw. He then went on to bust 5 more players with subpar hands in the next 12 hands. Obviously it was just luck, bet jeez unbelievable. It was down to 4 players by the end of round 3.

Toro
06-15-2004, 01:54 PM
A few days ago, same thing happened in a 1 table sng but I didn't get any cards early so avoided the onslaught. We were down to 3 in no time at all and I type in the chat box to the other non-maniac that we owe the maniac a thankyou for getting us in the money.

The maniac gets a little indignant and responds "you should thank me". And I said, I just did. Of course his luck changed and he busted out 3rd.

Short term they can do some damage and that's just the price you have to pay. One thing to remember when you play a maniac is to not let him change your game. They tend to loosen up the whole table so don't fall for the trap.

TL Price
06-15-2004, 02:00 PM
What an experience to have for your first SNG! Absolutely amazing!

Just take heart that while this does happen, it is not normal. And you were able to get in with the best hand, so don't feel too bad. I (and very likely everyone else) has been there and it does just get you frustrated, but take heart that with patience and perseverence, you will get the best of even maniacs. /images/graemlins/smile.gif