PDA

View Full Version : Two Hands from my last SNG

B Dids
06-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Dids (t1685)</font>
SB (t5500)
<font color="C00000">BB (t815)</font>

Preflop: Dids is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Dids raises to t300</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t815 (All-In)</font>, Dids calls t515.

Flop: (t1680) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1680) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1680) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1680

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Js Th (two pair, jacks and threes).
Dids shows 9s Ah (one pair, threes).
Outcome: BB wins t1680. </font>

My read on the BB was that he wasn't sharp, and I thought I had a good chance of being ahead here. Moreover, I thought that I needed to take a shot at knocking him out so that I could take on the chipleader.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Dids (t1070)</font>
<font color="C00000">Button (t3900)</font>
SB (t3030)

Preflop: Dids is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises to t1070 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t470.

Flop: (t2290) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2290) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2290) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2290

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Dids shows 9d Jd (two pair, tens and sixes).
Button shows Ad Js (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Button wins t2290. </font>

The hand that busted me. I felt like after the blind my stack would be so short and this was the best hand to make a stand with, but in retrospect I think that may have been a bad move.

Hood
06-15-2004, 11:56 AM
First hand I would have pushed all-in instead of just raising 3x. I'd only make this move if I welcome a reraise. With A9, I want to take down the blinds.

Second hand, I wouldn't have played it. Your hand isn't strong. Although your the short stack, T1000 is still enough to push people off their blinds. If you fold it, then in the next 2 hands you'll have enough just to threaten the blinds and may take it uncontested. The only thing that would change this for me is if you knew that the blinds were going up the next hand. At 250/500, you've got less weight with an all-in.

Phil Van Sexton
06-15-2004, 12:46 PM
I like you how played both hands. There's no reason to push in the first case with the big stack still to act behind you. If he moves in, you can easily get away from this hand with the bet you made.

With hand #2, you cannot argue with pushing in this spot. Are you really going to see a better hand than J9s in the next 1 or 2 hands? Even if he has AKo, you still have a 40% chance of winning with J9s. With A8o, you are 46%. You are getting the correct pot odds in either case.

If you let yourself get blinded down, you may need to double up twice to get to 2290. If you are lucky enough to be a 60% favorite twice, you will only win both all-ins 36% of the time.

Sam T.
06-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Hand one: I might have gone bigger with my initial raise so that the SB can't come along with JT or something similar in hope of knocking both of you out. As to the BB, I think you were in trouble regardless: with those cards, my guess is that BB was going all in no matter what you did. That's the way it goes.

I don't think I call the raise on the second hand. With that raise, I hear him saying, "I like my hand, but would like you to fold." I'm thinking a low pocket pair, or one (or two) overcards, and with your cards neither of these is particularly good news for you.

Before I call a raise going all-in, I ask myself "Is this the hand I want to end the tournament on?"

Prickly Pete
06-15-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With that raise, I hear him saying, "I like my hand, but would like you to fold." I'm thinking a low pocket pair, or one (or two) overcards, and with your cards neither of these is particularly good news for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are confident in that read (though I'm not sure we could be here), it's an automatic allin. If BDids folds, he has 770 playing the SB. If he wins here, he has 2140 and a real chance to win again.

Either way I'm playing the J9s allin.

On the first hand, I'd probably raise allin to keep someone with a good (but not great) hand from making a play on you.