PDA

View Full Version : I could have won more the last few days if I'd...

eastbay
06-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Chime in here...

If I'd given more respect to preflop raises from the button. They're not all steals with garbage. My A5s is not good enough to come over the top.

If I'd believed the turn card minraise as the monster it signals. I'm very likely beat, and I should lay down my top pair.

eastbay

Nemesis
06-15-2004, 12:26 PM
If i could learn when to be aggressive, and when to back off!!! I bubble in probably 1/3 of my SNG's because i take a chip lead by stealing combined with a few decent hands. Then i get to the lead and give it all away. Usually going bust before the money.

B Dids
06-15-2004, 12:45 PM
If I'd been more patient and not called off chunks of my stack with TPGK.

La Brujita
06-15-2004, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chime in here...

If I'd given more respect to preflop raises from the button. They're not all steals with garbage. My A5s is not good enough to come over the top.

If I'd believed the turn card minraise as the monster it signals. I'm very likely beat, and I should lay down my top pair.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

...played more in the last few days. Half joking but I have become frustrated with one tablers and rarely play them.

Reason I wanted to post was to comment on your A-5s comment. That is the beauty of the open raise and the gap concept. Even if you were pretty sure someone is stealing you can't come over the top very easily with this kind of hand because you are not really a big favorite over any/many hands.

Regards

woodguy
06-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Amen brother.
If I can control my ego, I would have more chips for later rounds.
Pre-Flop. ("OH, TRYING TO STEAL MY BLIND EH?? WELL HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS RE-RAISE!!!!, oh...you have KK....nh..)

On the Flop ("NICE MIN-RAISE JACKASS, HERE'S A RAISE FOR YA, WILLING TO BET YER STACK ON A PAIR!!!.....oh, you flopped a set....nh..)

I bookmarked this post by crisbrown, it has a few pearls of wisdom that I need to be reminded of from time to time.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/remlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=20026&F_Board=plnlpoker&T hread=671701&Main=671701
regards,
woodguy
P.S. Eastbay, you should post this in the Psychology forum and let Al pick your brain

BlackAces
06-15-2004, 01:02 PM
If I'd been more aggressive with the chip lead when down to three or four players. I haven't won a single SNG in three weeks, but I've cashed a little over half the time in that time period.

Sam T.
06-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Had any inkling of how to play heads-up.

BlackAces
06-15-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Had any inkling of how to play heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]
That, too.

Profit
06-15-2004, 02:02 PM
if i would have played more. I find myself lately leaving after making a profit instead of trying to build on that. Yesterday for instance i played 2 SNG's at the same time and won one and came in 2nd the other. So instead of playing more im thinking to myself, hmmm $58 in 45 mins isnt too bad, so i called it a day. Obviously $58 isnt much money, but roadblocks like this have left me out of playing more.

spacemonkey57
06-15-2004, 02:32 PM
If I had avoided the 5+1 and gone directly to 10+1

If I hadn't tried to steal frequently on the bubble against bad players at low limits that call too much.

sabre170
06-15-2004, 02:36 PM
...not overplay my two pairs of rags in BB when there are straight and flush possibilities on the board.

patrick dicaprio
06-15-2004, 05:39 PM
not bluffed with AK on rag boards when I got called after raising preflop.

Pat

Moozh
06-15-2004, 06:14 PM
If I could have better understood the difference between chip EV and $ EV.

Eder
06-15-2004, 06:24 PM
If I stopped pushing all in HU holding A7, A4, A10, A3 suited...sigh

Desdia72
06-15-2004, 06:30 PM
...come into the money with more chips than i've had. i've cashed in 9 of may last 10 SNGs with 4 of them 3rds. in everyone of those 3rds, i survived into the money, but suffered severly from SHORTSTACK-ITIS so could'nt mount much offense.

kyro
06-15-2004, 06:45 PM
worked for neteller and put my own goddang money in my freakin account. it's been almost one week now!

that'll teach me to bust out with a $50 bankroll at party. what, you mean playing NL with 50 bucks ISN'T a good idea? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Beavis68
06-15-2004, 06:59 PM
1. listened to that little voice in my head.... the one that says "fold" and "call", not the one that says "Kill him! Kill him now!"

2. Stopped to think for just a second before pushing/calling all-in.