PDA

View Full Version : Flush question

midas
06-14-2004, 04:42 PM
A basic question but I think I chose the right forum:

The board has an Ace high flush - no straight flush possibility. If other players have the other flush cards - does the highest card above the board cards win the hand? That is are flush ties ranked by the next highest card?

SheridanCat
06-14-2004, 04:50 PM
In a community card game such as Hold'em, if two players have cards in the flush suit AND THOSE CARDS PLAY, then the one with the higher card wins. Here are two examples.

Example 1: Board AT975 all spades. Player 1 holds the Qs while player 2 holds Js, player 1 wins as his overall 5-card hand is higher.

Player 1 has: AQT97
Player 2 has: AJT97

Example 2: Same board as above. Player 1 holds the 2s and player 2 holds the 4s. Split the pot as neither card is used to make the best 5-card flush.

Both players are playing the board.

Regards,

T

RED_RAIN
06-15-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a community card game such as Hold'em, if two players have cards in the flush suit AND THOSE CARDS PLAY, then the one with the higher card wins. Here are two examples.

Example 1: Board AT975 all spades. Player 1 holds the Qs while player 2 holds Js, player 1 wins as his overall 5-card hand is higher.

Player 1 has: AQT97
Player 2 has: AJT97

Example 2: Same board as above. Player 1 holds the 2s and player 2 holds the 4s. Split the pot as neither card is used to make the best 5-card flush.

Both players are playing the board.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that all pockets include a spade.

SheridanCat
06-16-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that all pockets include a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I indicated in both examples that both players are holding spades. Of course, if neither player has a spade, the pot is split. Also, in example 2 if one player has a spade that doesn't play and the other player has no spades, the pot is split.

I think that covers all the likely possibilities.

Regards,

T

RED_RAIN
06-16-2004, 01:44 AM
My bad I just read it too fast.

HUSKER'66
06-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Well shame on you.....speed reader!

Husker

p.s. I'd lay money that your a multitabler, you guys are always too quick to act /images/graemlins/wink.gif