PDA

View Full Version : I got REALLY luck, but did I play that badly?

scooby
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I felt kind of bad about this hand upon seeing the results, but upon thinking about it more, I was wondering if people would have played it differently? The button was a bit on the loose side, but wasn't too aggressive...anyway, the hand:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Smooth call here felt like Ax that missed, or maybe something like 66, or possibly a spade draw. I felt like he would have raised QK, AK, or something like JJ.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

I bet into him expecting to be raised, but the cap surprised me. I was really worried about being shown down AA or QQ here. I was hoping for A7 or A2, but not feeling confident- the raises were extremely in tempo. I was trying to decide how to play a blank on the river- should I bet and then call a raise, or just check call? For some reason I just really had a feeling that I was beat when the cap came, despite holding top two pair. I guess the question here is how you play a blank on the river? I know that if I were button with AK, I wouldn't cap the turn with AK.

River: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Well that was a nice river card.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah Qh (full house, aces full of queens).
Button shows 7d 7h (full house, sevens full of aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.50 BB. </font>

SnakeRat
06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Looks good to me, if a blank falls on the river I would bet and call a raise.