PDA

View Full Version : Bush Lauds Clinton

andyfox
06-14-2004, 03:06 PM
President Bush was very complimentary to Bill Clinton today at the unveiling of his official portrait. "Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency," said Bush.

Gee, ya think? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GWB
06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency," said Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loving the job and doing a good job are two different things. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SinCityGuy
06-14-2004, 06:14 PM
I find it interesting that Bush and Clinton seem to have a genuine warmth for each other whenever they appear together. For all of the eight years that they served together, Clinton and Gore never really seemed to connect on a personal level. If you put aside their political ideologies, Clinton probably has more in common with Bush than he does with Gore.

SinCityGuy
06-14-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loving the job and doing a good job are two different things. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

From Bush's remarks today:

“As a candidate for any office, whether it be the state attorney general or the president, Bill Clinton showed incredible energy and great personal appeal. As chief executive, he showed a deep and far-ranging knowledge of public policy, a great compassion for people in need and the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president.”

“Bill Clinton could always see a better day ahead and Americans knew he was working hard to bring that day closer. Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency. He filled this house with energy and joy. He’s a man of enthusiasm and warmth, who could make a compelling case and effectively advance the causes that drew him to public service.”

paland
06-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Wow.. I'm impressed. Even if Bush had speech writers create the speech for him, it shows some character for Bush to say these things when the Christian Right would seethe at the site of Bill and was so adamantly against anything Clinton said or did.

But I'm still not going to vote for him.