PDA

View Full Version : Have the Lakers run out of Luck.

Zeno
06-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Should be 4-Zip and the finals should be over, a sweep. Can the mighty Lakers win 3 in a row?

-Zeno

namknils
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
You mean three in a row.

If they would have won last night, I would still have thought they will win the series, but now I expect them to win game 5 and lose game 6.

Can they win the next three to win the series? Yes, but I think it is highly unlikely.

adios
06-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Well they have to win 3 in a row and I doubt that they will. Given that I thought the Lakers would have an easy time against the Pistons perhaps you should take this prediction to the bank /images/graemlins/smile.gif. We could say that Karl Malone being injured has screwed up the Lakers but that's an excuse I don't care to make. In reality I see the Lakers shooting abysmally from the perimeter and no doubt the Pistons have a lot to do with that. However, the Lakers are missing plenty of easy shots and missing a lot of shots very badly. In fact so bad I would think the players are embarrassed. Now I've seen the Pistons miss poorly too on some shots but not as many. Richard Hamilton, supposedly one the best conditioned athletes around, is making shots I'd expect a pro to make at a decent percentage. Perhaps this points to some of the players not being as well conditioned as they need to be to play the number of minutes they're playing. This would indicate to me that NBA teams aren't very deep and that would make sense given the number of teams in the league and such. Kudos to the Pistons they have played well and really taken it to the Lakers.

Sooga
06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I think even 'unlikely' is a liberal estimate for the chances the Lakers have of winning the championship. This series should be over already, if not for Kobe's miracle Game 2 shot. These Lakers have been outplayed, outhustled, and outgamed for the entire series. I don't think that's going to change for the next 3 games in a row. It's over.

Zeno
06-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Yes, I meant 3 in a row. I had to edit my mistake.

Last night was the killer and both teams knew it. It would be better for the Pistons to end it next game. You can not give good teams any glimmer of hope.

-Zeno

andyfox
06-14-2004, 12:59 PM
"Should be 4-Zip and the finals should be over, a sweep."

Well, since it indeed should be 4-0, and it's,instead, 3-1, they apparently haven't run out of luck.

Yet.