PDA

View Full Version : Amusing SNG hand

fnurt
06-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Our SNG last night was down to 4 players. I was 3rd in chips, and the short stack on the button raised all-in. I had been waiting for this guy to bust out, and I would almost always fold in this situation and hope for the big stack in the BB to bust him.

But then I looked at my cards and saw KK. Well anyone who folds KK just because they're on the bubble of a SNG is nuts. In a regular tournament I would just call here, since I'd be happy to have the BB come along when I have such a good hand. But since it's the big stack in the BB and I don't want to take that chance, I raise all-in.

The BB calls my all-in anyway and flips over, unbelievably, AA. Original raiser had ATs. Oh well, at least when he busts us both, I'll still take 3rd because I started with more chips. Still, it's a little shocking to be dealt KK vs. AA in this situation.

Down come the flop and turn and AT makes the nut flush!! Worst of all possible scenarios, now I lose the main pot to the flush and the side pot to AA, and bust out in 4th.

Then the river comes with a miracle K. If Party is rigged, whoever rigged it is doing a great job...