PDA

View Full Version : Heads up with loosey goosey

ResidentParanoid
06-14-2004, 09:16 AM
MP here is very loose, and very passive. How did I do here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero bets, MP raises, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.20 BB, between MP and Hero.</font>

stripsqueez
06-14-2004, 10:19 AM
i folded on the turn in this spot once - i think its a big view - is he so passive that he will check/call every street with KQ ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

lil'
06-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Bah, you can't be making this laydown too much SH on Party. Too much wacky stuff going on.

fyodor
06-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Against most opponents I would call down here. If I know him to be totally passive though, and he is checkraising out of character, I give him credit for the 9 and I fold.

If I talk myself into believing there is a small chance he is bluffing, and there is a smaller chance I can spike another King, I call the C/R and then I am pretty much committed to calling the river, King or not.

ResidentParanoid
06-14-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm usually calling these down, but this guy has been very passive. Thought this might have been the right time to let one go. In the heat of battle, couldn't let it loose.

ResidentParanoid
06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is he so passive that he will check/call every street with KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy, maybe.

ResidentParanoid
06-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, not calling the check-raise is the only place to quit here. Check-raise was very aggressive for this guy.