PDA

View Full Version : A MASTERFUL tilt induction

10-30-2001, 02:29 PM
The other day while waiting for a seat at the 4/8 Omaha8 table, I witnesses one of the best tilt moves I have ever seen.

I was watching a 10-20 game for about 7 or 8 hands. Nothing spectacular. A few uneventful showdowns, some raising, some calling etc. etc.

Then a hand comes along where a solid player in the SB calls a loose player on the flop and turn. The board is something like: 9-T-5-2-T. On the river, the SB checks, the loose player (LP) bets. SB thinks for a long time and calls. LP mucks instantly and SB turns over 78s for EIGHT HIGH and says "I knew my 8 high was good". The LP obviously has a habit of mucking quickly when caught bluffing.

The loose player is visibly pissed off. On the next hand he raises preflop. The solid player, who is now on the button reraises, LP caps it and they go heads-up. I don't remember the exact board but there were several raises on the flop. LP bets the turn and is called, LP then bets the river and is called.

Board is something like K-7-6-5-2. LP turns over T6o, solid player turns over A7o for middle pair and takes down a nice pot.

The next hand UTG limps preflop, LP raises, solid player (now in cut-off) 3-bets, UTG calls and LP caps it. Flop is 3-way.

Flop is something like A-T-9. UTG checks, LP bets, solid player raises, UTG folds, LP calls.

Turn is 8. Board is A-T-9-8 rainbow. LP checks, solid player bets, LP checkraises, solid player reraises. River is another A. LP bets, solid player calls. LP turns over 93o, solid player turns over KTo and takes another nice pot down.

I was then called for a seat at the 4/8 Omaha table so I couldn't watch the rest of this amazing display. I did however see the tiltmaster buy in two more times at the counter. His face was beet-red and he was sweating up a storm. I figure his tilting spree cost him at least $1000, most of which probably went to the solid player who started it all.

Wow, what a show.

10-30-2001, 08:42 PM

10-30-2001, 08:45 PM

10-30-2001, 08:56 PM

10-31-2001, 07:22 AM
Haha thats a funny little story you got there...