PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Early?

TEBPilot
06-14-2004, 04:00 AM
I've been playing the Party SNGs for a while now but just recently started keeping track of my stats. I've noticed that I often end up short stacked with 4 or 5 opponents at the 50/100 level and end up having to make a number of all-ins or get very aggressive to survive. Sometimes this works out, sometimes not. Is it better to be more aggressive/loose at the beginning of the tourney to build your stack? Of course there are times that I get a big hand early and I'm able to double up but I rarely limp with suited connectors out of position or Axs. Should I be playing these hands more in hopes of flopping a monster?

woodguy
06-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Yes.
I will limp alot in the early going with connectors and such (in position) to try to hit a hand.
I tighten up after either hitting a good hand and increasing my stack by 50% or I tighten up after losing 10% of my starting stack.
Position can be key in order to see alot of flops without having to pay too much for the honour.
They won't all be monsters, but if you play well after the flop, and you have good position, it can be profitable.
regards,
woodguy