PDA

View Full Version : SIT AND GO.... How would you play this...

snowbank
06-14-2004, 01:47 AM
4 players left, I'm short stack like 1300 left, 150 blinds I think. I have 7-9 both diamonds. Flop is 8d-8h-10d. I have flush draw and straight draw, lots of outs. First to act bets minimum, I raise all-in. Guy in 3rd was not involved in the hand. What would you have done?

Eder
06-14-2004, 10:24 AM
limp in till you make your hand then trap him...if you miss you're still alive...

all in you're prob bust or gain the blinds...not good scene for a possible monster hand

jmo

Phil Van Sexton
06-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Push. No question.

Most of the time, you win the ~T500 pot. If called, you are probably 50/50 to double-up....since you are the short stack that's not a bad thing.

Scottnyce
06-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Push....

Take down the pot....your short stacked, if you get called you have a ton of outs...if not you still take a nice pot to keep you floating till you can get a hand to play with.

patrick dicaprio
06-14-2004, 05:38 PM
you dont say what the third place stack is so that could make a difference.

this isnt a bad push as you have a lot of outs. but if you are far behind and want to try to win or gain a lot of chips then just calling is the best play since you might make more if you make the straight and could bust someone.

Pat

fnurt
06-14-2004, 05:51 PM
I think it is important to push here since your hand loses a lot of value if the turn is a brick.

A trapping style is all well and good, but what if you flat call, the turn is a brick, and your opponent pushes? You may or may not have odds to call, but it's a much tougher situation, and you totally missed your chance to make the opponent lay it down.