PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Omaha 8?

SoonerJohn
06-14-2004, 12:42 AM
I'm new to the game, but I'm loving it.

I have some questions about starting hands, what is considered the best starting hands in the game?

I would think something like this would be preffered: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I've been having some good luck at this game. Played 4 times, won 2 and 3rd in another.

eastbay
06-14-2004, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to the game, but I'm loving it.

I have some questions about starting hands, what is considered the best starting hands in the game?

I would think something like this would be preffered: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I've been having some good luck at this game. Played 4 times, won 2 and 3rd in another.

[/ QUOTE ]

By accident once. Didn't know the rules or the hands. Came in 2nd just by betting randomly.

eastbay

MaqEvil
06-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah, once one of my friends was playing and he accidentally joined a $10 pl O/8 sng. He didn't have a clue as to how to play the game, so I, having a miniscule amount of knowledge about the game, took over and won it against some horrid play.

jedi
06-14-2004, 01:51 AM
The best starting hand is AA23, with the Aces suited.

Try the "Other Poker" forum. You may get some better answers there.

Michael Davis
06-14-2004, 03:52 AM
Please don't bring this up here.

The O/8 SNGs have to be the easiest ones to place in, but they are incredibly boring. Not surprising.

-Michael