PDA

View Full Version : Critique my play/thinking

UCF THAYER
06-13-2004, 09:57 PM
With 5 people left in a 100/9 STT, i was very short stacked at around 700(starts with 1k). The blinds were 50/100 and i was dealt KK UTG. I decided the best chance at getting good money in this tourney was to double up or better, so i limped in folded to Button +1, who raised to 400, it was folded to me, i reraised all in. He called with 99 and caught a straight. I'm not here to moan about that, I'm just wondering if my thought process was correct? Should i be looking for a double up? Or should i have just pushed UTG,(if so, should i be hoping for a caller or just be satisfied with the blinds?) Obviously if i had pushed, im pretty sure that guy would have called anyways, but thats not really the point of the post. So, what are your guys thoughts? Thanks guys.

UCF THAYER
06-13-2004, 10:18 PM
I just noticed this converter thing....checking back at my hand history, and noticed i only had 600, not 700.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed)

Hero (t600)
MP (t2415)
Button (t2780)
SB (t780)
BB (t3425)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls t100, MP raises to t400, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero raises to t600 (All-In), MP calls t200.

Flop: (t1350) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1350) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1350) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1350

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
MP shows 9h 9d (straight, jack high).
Outcome: MP wins t1350. </font>

Gandor
06-13-2004, 10:34 PM
At that point, I just push. Yes you would like to double up, but be happy with the blinds.

eastbay
06-13-2004, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With 5 people left in a 100/9 STT, i was very short stacked at around 700(starts with 1k). The blinds were 50/100 and i was dealt KK UTG. I decided the best chance at getting good money in this tourney was to double up or better, so i limped in folded to Button +1, who raised to 400, it was folded to me, i reraised all in. He called with 99 and caught a straight. I'm not here to moan about that, I'm just wondering if my thought process was correct? Should i be looking for a double up? Or should i have just pushed UTG,(if so, should i be hoping for a caller or just be satisfied with the blinds?) Obviously if i had pushed, im pretty sure that guy would have called anyways, but thats not really the point of the post. So, what are your guys thoughts? Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a fine play at an aggressive table. At a limpy, passive table, it may be worse than pushing.

I think it's an excellent play at a limpy table with an aggressive player in the blinds.

eastbay