PDA

View Full Version : JJ

pdubz
06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
8 players left in a $50/5 SNG NL Hold'em with two big stacks and everyone else ~800 chips left (starting chip count 1000). So it's becoming a very tight fight for 3rd. The blinds are 100/200 and I'm sitting in early position with JJ. I've got just under 1000 chips, so the next two blinds are really going to hurt. I raise to 400, hoping to take it down -- and if not, commiting myself to push come what may on the flop. I get a cold call from another person with just over a 1000 chips on the button, and it's heads up. Flop comes K4T, I push. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the 400 preflop raise was a terrible raise. If I'm hoping ot take it down I should just push and not let people catch. If they call, only 3 hands in the game are ahead -- all I do by raising is allow some hand that is 50% or worse catch. Is this right? Or is the min-raise, hoping a weak hand will come over the top of me -- which is what I expected -- a justified play? The way I figured, no short stack in their right mind would cold call 50% of their chips. Of course, I went ahead and bet just that amount /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. What do you guys think? Was I outthinking myself with the 400 bet, or not?

carpola
06-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Definite push in ...somepeople say that anytime your committing over 40% of your chips you should just go ahead and push.